Monday, January 28, 2013

[ODI 11g] Oracle Data Integrator Upgrading from 10g to 11g


 

Oracle Data Integrator Upgrading from 10g to 11g.




The is to cover the method and issues related to it . I am sure this will give our viewers best idea and steps on how to move forward to newer version.


ODI 11g have an UPGRADE ASSISTANT that will help to upgrade the repository from ODI 10g to ODI 11g.


In case if you trying to upgrade by logging into the Master Repository and upgrade you will encounter the following error.






There is a Upgrade Assistant available in  /bin folder .  When I clicked it directly nothing happen so I knew , I need to call it using command prompt.


So I called the ua.bat being in windows  and after a while an error . oops !! . hmm no idea what it is .?







I went to that path and saw that since I was using the Generic Version so I dint see any WIN 32 bit and saw only WIN64 , although I had OraInstaller.dll .  I thought to myself is it a bug or can we upgrade only with 32 bit ODI version . I am sure that should not be the case , so I started looking at the certification 

(http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/data-integrator/odi-1111x-cert-matrix-163773.xls#’ODI ) and I found that for windows its only 32 bit which is supported.


To move on I changed the win32 to win64 and saved ua.bat  I again got the error , I thought let me go for win32 ODI installation .


Moved to 32 bit ODI Installation

Launched the Upgrade Assistant from <ODI_HOME>/bin/ua.bat









I am presently upgrading only the ODI repositories and not other component.

The third options  – Check that Upgrade Occurs only to Cloned Repositories , caught my attention. Still I just clicked Next and moved ahead.











In this screen I checked Database Backup completed , so I thought to myself , looks like I need to do something or I am missing something , so  I searched for the Upgrade from ODI 10g to ODI 11g documentation and I found this




Here they have mentioned to do the cloning or backup of the Repository of Master and Work under the Master . Rather than creating the scripts I used a simple process through SQL Developer –> Database Copy







Before doing so Create the required ODI 11g Master and Work Repository schema and assign the required tablespaces to them .Once done using the Database copy , copy the Tables and the data.







In Next step , SQL Developer lists all the steps  and finally click Finish to start the copy Process. Once completed , you will able to find all the Master Repository tables created in the next Master Repository schema with the required data in it.






Keep repeating the Process for all the Work Repository under that above Master Repository. Once completed Click Next in the Upgrade Assistant to move to Step 4.


Here in Step 4 list all the details required and provide the Master Repository  just created above and provide the SUPERVISOR username and Password used in ODI 10g Repository.






Once the above screen is successful , Upgrade Assistant will lists all the Work Repository under the Master . Now provide the username and password of the schema of Cloned ODI 11g schema .





[ Note in case , any of the above mentioned steps is wrong or incorrect you will get an error screen as shows below







Use the First  or  the Third option  but never the second option as there might be chances of corruption causing issues or improper Repository setup  ]







Once Work Repository schema authentication is done , Click Upgrade to start the Upgradation Process.














Finally the required tables , and LKM are upgraded and the logs can be visited by click on the link mentioned in the Upgrade Assistant .


Now login into the ODI Studio and provide the Master Repository detail and select the appropriate Work Repository and log in , you don’t need to provide the internal ID since it will use the Internal Id specified during ODI 10g setup .










As you can see all the Interface, Model , Topology, agents are all created but you would need to create the appropriate Standalone Agent script for the migrated Agent.









I wanted to test the migration so I executed an Interface and it worked.






I also had another EWR setup under my Master Repository , I logged inside it too.







I can see all the required Scenarios, topology and other ODI objects.








These are some of the simple Upgrade process from ODI 10g  DWR and EWR  to ODI 11g .







No comments:

Post a Comment