OBIEE Multiple connection pools
Most BI-Server setups use shared connections to the database. But if we "generalize" the connection users we can see several groups:
- Reportbuilders; needs access to all tables, can transport a lot of data during development, are in the habit of "killing" query's when they "take to long"
- Answers users: create there own "new" request each time.
- Dashboard users: Only use predefined query's
- BI-publisher: Can do a lot of query's in succession.
- WriteBack users: need insert/update rights on the DB.
The help the DBA ask him for five users named: OBIEE_R (Reportbuilders), OBIEE_A (Answers_users), OBIEE_D (Dashboard users), OBIEE_B (BI-Publisher) , OBIEE_W (WriteBack Users).
In your RPD create five connection pools:
Create five Groups:
Now set the permissions for the Connection Pool:
Don't forget to disable "Everyone".
Assign the users to there groups and check in TOAD or SQL Developer if the right connections are made:
This way you can ask your DBA to assign the right resources to every group instead of an average setting for every one.